Thursday, April 24, 2008

Yellow

There’s nothing better than coming home and having no responsibilities.

Today I watched TV. Then I got my hair cut:



Then I went shopping. Then I watched TV some more. (Beckham was on Ellen. Highlight.)

As exciting as it is to not have any responsibilities, with the possibility of lazing about, I still feel a sense of loss now that the semester has ended. I don't quite know what to do. I'm not avoiding homework, I just don't have any to do and feel a little lost. I have no direction because I no longer have classes or homework. Maybe I just need a little more closure than actual finals. Maybe an end of the year party would have helped. Maybe if there were parties, not only would there be a little closure, but everyone would be just a little happier.

But then again, maybe I just think this way because I'm a yellow.

4 comments:

Fern said...

I just noticed you've got a blog. Way exciting, I think these things are a much better way to keep in touch with people.
If it were me...I'd celebrate the end of a semester by eating brownies, selling back my books and blowing the money on something frivolous...but that's just me:)

Olivia said...

Lauren. Cute hair! I love it! When are you coming back to good ole p-town?

Ann Sorensen said...

Love your haircut. If it makes you feel better, yellow is my favorite color. Right up there with red. So you aren't doing summer school?

Liz said...

Oh man--you're the yellowest I've ever known (and loved). LOVE the haircut by the way, you look great. And MAYBE a trip to NY would help you realize it's summer... yes, I think that would do it--get out here!