Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Cupcakes

Dear Laura asked about the cupcakes I made a few weeks ago and so I thought I'd give my review:

Cupcake: I thought it was delicious and I wanted to eat five. Unfortunately for my taste buds my dinner group consumed most of them, but fortunately for my hips. If I made them again I would tweak the recipe a little bit. I thought it was dry. But then again, maybe I made an unintentional error and totally messed up the recipe.

Frosting: I love Nutella so I loved the frosting. Actually I thought the frosting didn't taste Nutella-y enough so I added more. It probably didn't taste Nutella-y enough because I had a spoonful of Nutella right before I tested the frosting. So I probably added about a fourth cup more Nutella than the recipe called for. It was delicious.

I had left over frosting and so a few days later I made these cupcakes and used the Nutella frosting. It was even better!

1 comment:

laura said...

Yeah, mine were a little dry too! The first time I thought it was because I'd baked it on a higher temperature by accident (heh... I took them out sooner though, so who knows) but the second time it was about the same. Maybe next time I'll shorten the bake time? Who knows. I'll definitely have to try the frosting, too. And those chocolate cupcakes look divine!