Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Weird

The weirdest thing happened to me this morning. I needed to fill up my water bottle so I grabbed it an headed to the drinking fountain and decided to take the opportunity to use the loo. I set the water bottle (empty plastic cheap-o water bottle) on the counter right when you walk into the bathroom. I do this all the time. The thought of taking something I'm going to drink out of into the stall with me is gross. So, I maneuver a little around the two ladies who are semi-primping before leaving the restroom and set my water bottle down next to their purses and papers, right in the corner so it wasn't in their way. I use the toilet and when I go to grab my water bottle, it's gone!

Yup, someone took my empty plastic cheap-o water bottle. (And yes I checked the trashcan.)

It was so weird!


And on a side note, I stopped to tell the story to the secretary that sits by the front door to my bureau. She's black. While telling her the story I found myself using a lot of "Mmmm-hmmm"s and "Oh, I know." And when I left I told her, "Now I gotta get me a new water bottle!" said with just the right amount of attitude and lip pursing and head moving. Who am I?


PS. I'm only two three weeks away from my year mark on the East Coast!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's awkward. (The water bottle, not your black-diva-lingo.)