Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

The Good:
Yesterday morning was a struggle to get up since we got home so late from New York and then I remembered I had to write missionary sister Emma before going to bed. So, when I got up I was moving slow and everything seemed to take extra long. We had already missed our express bus so we fixed ourselves lunch and cut a piece of the Cinnamon Raisin bread that our neighbor brought over, and walked leisurely to the bus stop to wait for the next bus. But, as we were about half way there, we saw the bus drive by and knew we wouldn't even be able to sprint and make it! I stopped in the middle of the street, shoulders slumped dejectedly as I knew we just barely missed it. (There's something about just barely missing something that's way tougher to handle than missing by 10 minutes or something.) Then we saw the bus slow down, and stop about 100 feet from our bus stop. And then we started running. And, best part? We made it to work on time! What a nice bus driver. Made my Monday morning.

The Bad:
Today at work is our Holiday Party. I walked out the door, to run to the giant refrigerator in the hall for more food, and there were two people who needed some directions. When I offered to help, somehow my earring got caught on my dress and I couldn't move my shoulder without jeopardizing my ear. I had to stop and ask the woman who was asking for directions to help me out. A total stranger touched my ear and unhooked my shirt. How awkward for her! And kind of awkward for me. I told her we were now Insta-Friends.

The Ugly:
Lisa talked me into going to the Step Aerobics class at the gym. I thought I was coordinated. I thought I was a good dancer. I thought I could pick up moves pretty fast. Step Aerobics has taught me otherwise. Every time the class was doing some spin move and they ended up facing the back of the room, I was still facing front and looking back at everyone looking at me. Every time we were supposed to hop from one side to the other I couldn't make it across the step in time. Every time I finally picked up a step combination the class had already moved to the next combo, in perfect unison I might add! I can't tell you if I'm going to do it again, because it was slightly painful. I was so horrible I couldn't even do the moves a few times because then I was laughing too hard. I wouldn't say the class was fun, but I would say that it was fun-NEY.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey lauren, have you ever gone to zumba? i know it's like all the rage (at least in provo) but i think you would think it was fun, especially if you got lisa to go with you. lots of hips and beyonce moves going on. anyways, cami goes with me on free bring-a-friend days at 24 Hour and even she likes it!