In Germany the Christ child brings your Christmas presents on the 25th. St. Nikolaus, or Santa comes on December 6th and fills your boots with coal if you're bad or oranges, and gold chocolate coins if you're good. I planned on doing that for my roommates. I forgot. And now its December 7th and I forgot. And it's sort of kind of tragic to me.
On a happy note, Handel's Messiah was a success. The choir was beautiful and consisted of boys and girls under 18 singing the treble line. It added a different dimension to the singing than a regular soprano would. I loved it.
This might be my favorite song from the whole thing:
(not the performance I saw but still good)
2 comments:
That is my favorite. It was stuck in my head all last December.
My girls also got the Beauty and the Beast movie, I hope that's not veering too far off the tradition :)
Post a Comment