Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Parents Visit

I have been a horrifically bad blogger as of late.

My parents came to town for a week a little while ago and it was really fun to have them here (even if it did mess up my Hot Chocolate race training schedule and send my plans for a slimmer waistline down the drain).

Here are a couple of the highlights:

Tour of Hillwood Estate in DC:



Cute town of Clifton, VA and Manassas battle fields:




Basilica at Catholic University 
and the shrine to Our Lady of Czestechowa (taking me back to my Polish roots)



 Phillips Collection, which on the first Thursday of the month includes hor d'orves and music:



I barely took any pictures of myself the whole weekend and only took pictures because my sister Jess insisted for her memories, but I did go to all these things.

(Highlights not pictured: Frederick Douglass house in Anacostia, Kennedy Center concert, Dumbarton Oaks museum)

Thanks M&D for a good week. Jess, you're welcome for the pictures.

3 comments:

Amy Lovell said...

Wow, I don't think I've heard or seen any of those things in DC, except the Kennedy Center of course, oh and Frederick's house, but I've only heard of that, never actually seen it.

You forgot to mention you ate at Panjshir, only the best food in VA! :)

Annie said...

Ahhhh! Anacostia! Hahahaha. Just mentioning that makes me laugh. Looks like you did more there this time around then when I was there with you...

Camille Richey said...

jealous.