I wish I had a really awesome funny story to tell. I don't.
I frequently catch the bus now because I have an iPhone that helps track when the next bus will be coming. So there aren't any funny running to the bus stories.
I'm not in love with my job (that's sugar coating the fact that I don't like my job at all) so 40 hours a week is spent doing something I practically despise. Good thing I get paid.
I've been sick for the last two days so my brain is extra cloudy. I forgot my lunch, cell phone and badge this morning. But I'm feeling a lot better despite sounding like Ursula the Sea Witch.
So here's the real update:
I've seen two 3D movies in the past week, which is funny because I think 3D is over rated. First, we took Lisa's niece to her first movie: Beauty and the Beast. It was her birthday, she had a princess party, and she loved it. (Note how the popcorn bucket is bigger than she is.)
Then, last Saturday after dropping Lisa off at the airport for her flight to Africa, Debbie and I met up with my sister Jess and her husband Michael to see an IMAX movie at the Natural History Museum. We didn't know it was in 3D until we got there, and we got to sport these sweet frames, definitely an improvement from the AMC 3D glasses I think:
Sunday was a low key day but the real excitement is us watching Downton Abbey. Are you watching? We're so hooked on it. I know you can buy Season 2 online and watch it ahead of time, but I kind of really like having people over every week to watch together.
And to continue on the same vein of TV shows I like, I spent my sick day on Monday getting all caught up on Revenge. Do you watch that one? Because I'm totally hooked on that one too. And How I Met Your Mother (that's all on Netflix). I'm finally caught up to the current season.
Yesterday after taking a mid day shower I noticed some serious improvement in the state of my sore throat and stuffy sinuses (TMI?) so I went to the store and bought a mini cake pan to make a birthday cake for Roommate Lindi. Look how cute that cake is!
I tried a new cake recipe and the frosting has marshmallow cream in it. I'm totally hooked. It's awesome frosting. And I'm hooked on the mini cake pan. It's so cute!
I'll have to try and do something stupid so you can have something to laugh at. In the mean time, you'll have to content yourself to this boring post.
2 comments:
But I love your running to the bus stories...
How come you don't like your job? :/ What exactly do you do, again?
Also, I'm glad you're a Once Upon a Time fan. And let me know how you like Daughter of the Forest! Seriously one of my favorite books...
hahaha i love the picture with jess! hilar. also, i just read charlie's post, and i've read daughter of the forest, too! i liked it even though some of it was hard to read, as in painful.
Post a Comment