Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Messiah

Since both my sister Jess and I flew home for Christmas on Christmas Eve, we went to the Messiah Singalong at the Kennedy Center. It's free but we had to wait in the cold until they opened up for tickets. Luckily we had something to do:




And then when we finally got our tickets, ate dinner and got into the concert hall, we loved everything about it, except one little minor very important detail, we didn't have music.

NOTHING on the Kennedy Center website informed us that we needed to bring our own music. I was so angry I wanted to cry.

Luckily we both knew some of it already, but having the music would have been nice. The highlight though was singing the Hallelujah chorus with 2,000 Washingtonians. Everyone singing about God and Jesus a couple days before Christmas was really cool.

I was snapped a couple pictures before the picture Nazi (a.k.a. the really anal usher) yelled at me for having my phone out. And for that, I'm definitely posting the pictures I took, especially the one of the concert hall.



I'm a little late, but I'm still wishing it was Christmas and not the second week of January.

No comments: