Friday, September 28, 2012

Three Silly Things

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
(picture doesn't really have anything to do with the post...)

  1. My roommate met a guy at a wedding, when she came home from the trip she told us about him, I pulled out my phone so we could see his picture on Facebook. Next thing I know, I've accidentally friended him! 30 seconds of panic ensued while I frantically tried to figure out how to rescind my request. Luckily I figured it out.
  2. Sometimes I ride the bus to the metro, sometimes I walk. Last week I rode the bus and during the walk from the bus to the metro, I found myself walking the exact same speed as a little tiny Latino man. I sped up, he sped up, I slowed down, he slowed down. So I sped up again, walking like I couldn't WAIT to get to work. The guy slowed down and crossed behind me to turn into a building. But as he did it, he says very quietly in his Spanish accent, almost in my ear, "Seeeee youuuuu". I kept walking, slightly creeped out but laughing the entire way to the metro.
  3. Last night was the Grey's Anatomy premiere. If you watched it you'll understand. If you haven't seen it yet, I'll avoid spoiling it. Basically I sobbed through the entire thing. And then I calmed down, went home, and started to tell my roommate all about it, only to start crying again. I'm so embarrassed. I had to remind myself that these people are not real. And it probably doesn't help that my old roommate Debbie and I used to call the characters "our friends". And I shouldn't be surprised when I know contracts haven't been resigned by actors. But it doesn't make it any less sad. 

3 comments:

Erin Masi said...

Ok. I am glad to know I'm not the only one to sob through TV shows! I haven't watched Grey's yet, but I've heard things. And if what I've heard is true. I hate it. Hate hate hate.

Love reading your blog!!!! Hope all is well!

Unknown said...

Umm, maybe you could start wearing headphones to the bus. Or start carrying mace...people are crazy.

Unknown said...

Laur, they are our friends, and notice I wrote this without quotation marks. And this just proves what a good friend you are to them - you were crying and really emotional about what they had been through, you felt for them. All I can say is that they are lucky the have us as friends :) Love you and miss you!