Friday, August 29, 2008

Slacker

Well it's official. I'm a slacker. I have neglected to post anything about Jordan or Galilee or the entire last month of my trip. Now school is starting in about four days and I have been home for two weeks and have forgotten intimate details of my wonderful summer. I can never recall that much detail on the spur, it will have to come up randomly and then I'll be able to recall ridiculously specific facts. So in attempts to give just some small look into the end of my trip I'll do a picture gallery. Cop-out? Yes. Effective? Depends on who's looking.


Standing in front of the Treasury at Petra. This was the most dramatic
thing I've ever seen I thought it was so cool.


Me on my donkey at Petra. I thought my donkey was going to keel over as it hiked the 900+ stairs to get me to "The Monastery" which kind of resembled the Treasury. I bought my little guide a water and tipped him an extra dollar and felt cheap. Poor kid.


At the Mosque in Ammon. We had to wear these sweet get-ups to enter the mosque. It was pretty hilarious and we all came to a greater respect for the Muslim women because we were so hot wearing them.

Well, that might just be as good as it gets for the time being. I am leaving Oregon in two days and have yet to pack and clean and shop. We have a German exchange student who is going to live with my parents for the next year (school year I think) and we are frantically getting the house semi presentable for her and get her room ready. But it sounds like the family is in the pool, so I might just swim instead...

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Laur, I share the same sentiments. I have slacked off so much and I'm already in DC...writing new posts about life here. For some reason it's so much easier to keep up when i can just type in a few things while I sit in my PJs on my bed. It's horrific to think how fast the stories are fading...

Hope your trip was great and I miss you tons!

Emma said...

yeah lauren, you REALLY helped get the german girl's room ready...