Today was a great day-- until something set me off and now (in the words of Caryn), I'm very irritable. Because I was annoyed I attempted to stop thinking about what had happened and that made me think about it and dwell on it and replay it in my head over and over. I went to class soon after. That didn't help. The class was American Gothic and we were not only discussing what makes something Gothic, but we were talking about different aspects of the Gothic. We discussed how trying to oppress thoughts, ideas, and emotions, etc make it harder to stop thinking about whatever is being oppressed. Our teacher gave the example of a study done about 10 or 15 years ago where people were given clickers and were told that for the next two minutes they were to think about anything but a white bear. If they thought of the white bear they were to click the clicker. When the two minutes began there was a constant clicking because all anyone could think of was the white bear. I felt that way in class. If I had had a clicker in my hand I would have been clicking the entire time. I think I've sufficiently mulled everything over in my head and am feeling much less stressed and irritable.
On a much much lighter note I'm contemplating on whether or not to buy an iTunes "Season Pass" to Gossip Girl season 2. It will probably cost less than buying all the episodes separately and would make things fun and simple if I ever miss an episode. The problem would be if I decide I should really abandon my Gossip Girl guilty pleasure. I can't decide if I enjoy it because of the juicy gossiping part or because they're clothes are so fabulous. Either way I'll probably keep watching and cave and buy the "Season Pass" when I miss the first episode of the year.
1 comment:
I know exactly how you feel. There's nothing worse than telling yourself not to think about something, and than thinking about only that...well, besides your tooth falling out. I love you!
Post a Comment