I am back from Jordan. We arrived home yesterday to be told that we weren't allowed to leave the city due to heightened security. This is largely due to Senator Obama's visit to Jerusalem these couple of days, but there was a mini-terrorist attack outside his hotel a few days ago when we were in Jordan, so we aren't allowed out until further notice. It's not too bad since we have a midterm coming up, a field trip this afternoon and two field trips next week before we head out to Galilee, so I'm not feeling like I'm on house arrest. The good news is that the teachers all seem to think that we will be able to go out today to exchange money. We are going to Bethlehem this afternoon and evening and will have a little Christmas devotional in Shepherd's field. I will write about the Jordan trip later, but here is a little preview to look forward to:
Three quick things about the trip:
1. It was super hot. They told us it was 43 degrees Celsius (109 Fahrenheit) yesterday, but we heard reports of it being 48 (120) when we were at the Jesus Baptismal Site. It was practically unbearable, and the air conditioning on the bus wasn't the greatest.
2. I got a minor eye irritation on the trip and had to wear my glasses the entire time. Not fun when it's bright and you want/need sunglasses. Not having sunglasses doesn't help with eye problems either.
3. Petra might just have been one of the coolest places I've ever been.
Stay tuned for the rest.
"You know you love me, XOXO..." --That's for you Emma and Liz.
1. It was super hot. They told us it was 43 degrees Celsius (109 Fahrenheit) yesterday, but we heard reports of it being 48 (120) when we were at the Jesus Baptismal Site. It was practically unbearable, and the air conditioning on the bus wasn't the greatest.
2. I got a minor eye irritation on the trip and had to wear my glasses the entire time. Not fun when it's bright and you want/need sunglasses. Not having sunglasses doesn't help with eye problems either.
3. Petra might just have been one of the coolest places I've ever been.
Stay tuned for the rest.
"You know you love me, XOXO..." --That's for you Emma and Liz.
6 comments:
ha ha, thanks for that lauren. so excited for next season...i get sunburned the most on my nose too! except i think it's just because my nose is pointy and sticks out more than the rest of my face. and i haven't been wearing sunscreen. excited to read more about jordan and petra!
Hooray for the fun stories of your adventures! I love hearing about them! Oh, and loved the xo's --don't worry--saw the first preview for the fall (sept 1st btw) and it's looking good! Can't wait to see you in August!
I just read your blog and got updated on everything. It had been a while. Little Jackson is keeping me busy! It sounds like you're having an amazing time! I bet you are making the whole trip fun for everyone else! Love you!
Lauren, just thought of something for your sunburn prevention, umbrella. I'm sure you will go out and get a cute one ASAP, ha. Love you lots.
So good seeing you this weekend. You're so tan, particularly your nose and forehead. :) Love you!
I love that you're doing study abroad. Isn't this your second time? Or is it three now?
If it's not too overwhelming, where all have you been?
Post a Comment