


So a friend of mine in high school always did lent. She would give up ice cream, or TV or something she loved. I love sweets. Ice cream, candy, chocolate, cupcakes, cookies, nutella, hot chocolate. I will do anything to get a sugar fix. My friend does a sugar fast every other month and she says it helps her not feel so dependent on sweets. In an attempt to have more self control and to curb my self proclaimed sugar addiction, I am giving up treats for lent. Yeah lent is a non Mormon tradition and yes my Fat Tuesday was extended into a Fat Week because I didn't decide to start until this morning, but I decided to extend my not eating of treats into a long month. Hopefully I will gain an appreciation and love for fruit and other natural treats. So this is my public announcement to not feed me goodies otherwise I will be angry and have to exert some serious self control!
6 comments:
Yay! When I said to go public...you went public!!! It's only a month...totally doable. :)
I'm also doing lent! Power to you. I'm here for you if you need moral support :)
Good for you! After a week or two you will stop craving it as much. But that first week is always a killer!
good luck laur!
I'm doing Lent too! But I'm giving up texting...That's what the Pope encouraged everyone to do!
No sugar, that's a tricky one! I couldn't get by without my sugar-free pudding! Cute blog!
www.oneshetwoshe.blogspot.com
Post a Comment