Friday, February 27, 2009

Teeth

I hate brushing my teeth. How can anyone hate brushing their teeth, you might be asking yourself, but I don't like it. I love what my teeth feel like after a dentist cleaning and I like the minty flavor of my toothpaste and I do like the way my breath feels and how my teeth are reasonably smooth when I finish brushing, but I don't really like the actual brushing part. Maybe it's because I find it awkward to move a small instrument back and forth or in circles over my teeth and I rush it. It usually goes like this: bottom right, bottom left. Close teeth together, right top and bottom sides then left top and bottom sides, then a quick graze over the front teeth (circular motion) then a few swipes over the tongue and I'm done. Sometimes this process is halted while I put on my socks and shoes or find a pair of earrings while the toothbrush hangs limply from my mouth. Then I realize I'm really late for work and I quickly move the brush over all surfaces once, spit, rinse, wipe and grab a piece of gum to mask any residual morning breath smells and swipe of some plum mint Co Bigelow mentha lip tint (the label says it's mint-infused for fresh breath). What a horrible way to take care of my teeth!

If I do do a more thorough job of brushing my teeth, I can't keep my face clean and have toothpaste all over.

This is a mild brushing mess just for effect.

Today I decided it was time for me to retire my current toothbrush to the world of cleaning, specifically a new job as a calligraphy pen scrubber. While at Target I bought this beauty:

It's an Oral B.

I just brushed my teeth with it. I love it. It has a timer too. When it started to pulse I figured it was giving me an indication that I was half way, but then a little bit later it did it again. I guess it doesn't shut off when you've hit your recommended two minutes, it pulses and if you want to keep brushing you can. I brushed for four minutes. My teeth are really smooth.


I think I'm going to enjoy brushing my teeth a lot more now. Now if I could only afford one of those electric flossing machines. I hate flossing more than brushing. And, did you ever have that toothpaste that came in the two different sides, one was blue and the other was white? I think it was Mentadent or something. I kind of want some right now.

2 comments:

Rachel F. said...

I can totally relate.

My grandma has a funny saying that may hang on my mirror later in life:

"Sex is like brushing your teeth - you don't always feel like doing it, but you always feel better after you do." --Grandma Z

So good.

Lisa Marie said...

I loved Mentadent. And the electric flosser machines are awesome. We splurged. I'm in love.