- Spent three and a half days, four nights at Yosemite National Park. I really love it there. And if it didn't sound quite so cheesy, I'd tell you it was like home.
- Got a Kindle for my birthday. I love books and somewhat mourn the loss of not having the actual book, but it's so convenient for the gym it's worth it. (I like reading while I work out. When I worked out at the YMCA in Eugene they had these book holder things that were really fantastic. Bally's in DC doesn't have them and my reading quantity has gone down a lot.)
- Decided to read the Chronicles of Narnia since a.) I've never read them and b.) my cousin's seven year old daughter just finished reading them all. Finished The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe on the plane and downloaded Prince Caspian a few days ago.
- Roommates threw me and roommate Katie a joint birthday party Friday evening after returning from California. I will post pictures. We had a photo wall.
- Went to the DC 4th of July concert dress rehearsal on Saturday night. David Archuleta sang the national anthem. The funniest part however was when we expected to see Gladys Knight and our came some white woman lip-syncing her songs. Guess Gladys needed to make sure she hit up church Sunday morning before jetting off to sing for the country.
- Sat outside the Lincoln waiting for fireworks on Sunday. We played cards (Golf) and "what-if".
- Best fireworks I've ever seen. They were RIGHT over us! And the finale seemed to go on forever. I was so glad we were right there to see them!
- Went to Lake Anna with Shannon, Lisa and Debbie. I could hardly move the next day from holding on so tight to the tubes.
- Well, I guess I only have nine things really, well, I could have written more about Yosemite, but I'm going to write a post dedicated to that. But, what is next is definitely the most exciting. (drum roll.....) Jess and Michael B announced their engagement in Yosemite! The immediate family knew it was happening, but they chose a date: September 4. It's perfect, right after Cami comes home from her mission, a long weekend, and right before Emma leaves for her mission. Here, I'll leave you with a picture. That can be number ten.
Thursday, July 8, 2010
Bad blogger
So, I've been back from vacation for a week or so, well, last weekend was practically non-stop so I guess the vacation was over once work started on Tuesday, so I've only been back for three days. Now, I have a problem. I don't have pictures to share today. But, I'll give you the quick rundown in ten bullets before posting with pictures sometime in the near future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I hope they make the bottom one their engagement photo. Its candid, its flattering, its natural. Lurve it. Congrats to Jessicael/Michica Barchey/Rines
Hooray Hooray Hooray!! I was in Arizona a few weeks ago visiting a certain cousin who spent a bit of time in Indonesia and he told me he was positive Jess and Michael were over. I was devastated. Goes to show, you can't get your info from a jealous missionary. And a BIG CONGRATS to Emma! The Richey girls are converting the world one country at a time. You guys are awesome. LOVE YOU!!
Wow, Jess is ENGAGED? That's awesome! I'm assuming this is a guy she knew before the mish?
Post a Comment