Friday, July 30, 2010

Neglector

I've been committing serious blog neglect lately. I'd apologize but I'm not really sorry. I don't know if I've grown tired of this blog and wish to start new? Or if I'm over blogging? Or if it's just because it's not that interesting to write about how my days consist of pushing snooze too many times, getting ready, running to the bus, working, gchatting, running stressful errands, going to the gym, trying to motivate myself to clean my room, watching Grey's Anatomy (which we get sent via Netflix), making dinner, or doing a myriad of different but not really exciting things. I'm frequently tired because I stay up too late, and by too late I mean 11. And it's been really hot. Too hot. And humid. My hair looks like a lion's mane it's so big.

I'm trying to get in shape for Jess' wedding in September and frequently get frustrated with myself because I didn't start getting in shape last July. I even went so far as to tell Jess it would be much more convenient for me if she got married next summer. That way I would be skinnier, and I'd make the wedding line look better. She told me I was ridiculous and selfish. (I was only joking! Mostly... Besides, that extra year would give me time to find someone good-looking and male to bring as my wedding date... Jess didn't think it was a good idea and is still getting married Labor Day weekend.)

Stole this puppy from Facebook. I think I look like I'm naked. But I assure you I was wearing both a suit and cover up.
Since I live where it's really hot, it's been really convenient to have a friend with a boat. I'm working on my summer tan and future wrinkles and probably skin cancer. Not that I want the wrinkles and the probable skin cancer but I just assume everyone will get it anyway so why not just use your sunscreen try to prevent it if you can but suck it up and jump in the lake. The good news of the last visit to the lake however was that I finally stood up on the wakeboard. And then fell...

Highlight of this week:
Well, I have two highlights.
1.) Lacy came to visit from Arizona. We were roommates at BYU after meeting in Poland. See evidence below:

Warsaw Zone Conference
Roommate picture Fall 2007. Natalie was also in both pictures, but she didn't come visit this weekend, so she doesn't get a post. BUT she has a baby so that won't happen anytime soon...

2.) We went to Zumba on Wednesday night for the first time, loved it, and now we're in the process of teaching a certain roommate (who will remain nameless to protect her identity) to do a body roll. She's going to get it. And she's going to be good at it. And she's going to use it frequently.

And that's about it.

2 comments:

natalie said...

Thanks for the acknowledgement. When I found out Lacy was going to visit you I got j.e.a.l.o.u.s. One day...and I'll bring Charlotte with me so you can love her as much as I do.

Lisa Marie said...

My sister just lost a ton of weight doing low carb. I did it just before my wedding and was so skinny it was almost disgusting. lol. I'm kidding, it wasn't disgusting. I'm just a little sad that I will never be that freaking skinny again. Do it! Do it! Do it!