Saturday, August 7, 2010

Lacy's DC Visit

Thank goodness for Lacy and her new photographing hobby because we have lots of pictures from the weekend. Not only do these represent the fun weekend, but yesterday at work Lisa and I spent about 20 minutes going through them and laughing really hard. 

Brace yourself for a lot of pictures.

Walking to the Metro on Pennsylvania Ave after work and stopping for some fun.

Saturday was spent in Annapolis.

Where we found a cool laundromat and took a plethora of bad pictures with the self timer. Here are a few. Click to enlarge but I'm not making myself large on purpose. You can do that yourself.

Lisa has a bad sense of direction. (Shhhhhh! Keep that a secret! We don't want any boys to know that until after they're hooked on her!) And, because our Annapolis trip was pretty spur of the moment, we hadn't worked out anywhere to eat before we went. So we decided to just trust the GPS to take us somewhere. (Bad idea.)  So, we tried to find a restaurant by the name of ______'s Cafe on the Harbor. What the GPS took us to was actually some old folks residential area with a restaurant that was going to be way out of our price range.  But, Lacy got this beautiful picture, we skipped out and ate at some crappy looking Mexican place that we thought was going to be good. What we got instead was bland Mexican food with a side of undercooked rice and a waiter that thought we were idiots. At least we had some Naval Academy boys sightings!

Sunday after church we went to go to Arlington Cemetery. Well, naps came first, and then a delicious BBQ dinner complete with peaches, tomatoes and cucumbers bought from Eastern Market and that pushed out Cemetery visit back and before we knew it, it was closed. So, we went to the Iwo Jima Memorial instead.

Meradyth, me (with HUMONGOUS hair), Lisa, Lacy.
 Monday night we walked along the Potomac river in Old Town Alexandria after getting dinner at Whole Foods. Yep, we got dinner at the grocery store. And it was good.



Thanks for a wonderful weekend Lac, and for the pictures! Kocham cie!

3 comments:

Madame Palmkey said...

I miss Annapolis! I was only there during the winter so I always look like I am a rotund penguin bundled in wool, but it was still lovely!

Amanda said...

Oh my gosh, what cute girls you are! Looks like you had such a ball! I'm jealous to the core...

Lauren Byers said...

i know Lacy! she was in my ward, BYU 30th :) Looks like a really fun time :)