Monday, November 15, 2010

2 weeks?

Guys, it has now been two full weeks since my last blog post. I'm usually a much better blogger than that. So, what's going on with me? Not much really.
  • I had last Thursday off for Veteran's day and found myself at Shenandoah National Park for a nice hike. The leaves are gorgeous and the weather was even better. 
  • Last Monday, I was added to the official federal employee list. I had to raise my right hand and solemnly swore to uphold and defend the constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; blah blah blah; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I entered, etc. Kind of intense. And kind of really cool. I actually really liked doing that and feeling really patriotic.
  • Big news of the week, but not really news I guess, I'm really really excited for Harry Potter 7. And have a midnight showing ticket in my possession. I will be taking the wand I bought at Harry Potter World in Florida and sporting my Gryffindor Prefect badge.
  • Speaking of Florida, I will post pictures when I get them. Something is wrong with my iPhoto and I can't upload any pictures on it. It really puts a damper on my picture postings.
And now for a poll. I am making cookies for our work bake sale tomorrow. Which cookies should I make?
  1. Chocolate Caramel Cookies 
  2. Brown Sugar Cookies with Maple Icing
  3. Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
I was going to put a couple more but decided to limit the options. That always makes it easier to choose. Right?

Now I'll end with a picture just for good measure, because blogs are a little more exciting with a picture, right?

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
I'd love to be on vacation right now. Picture taken at Malbork Castle, Poland. Summer 2007.

    3 comments:

    kristen kathleen said...

    Lauren! I'm so bummed that we missed you while we were in D.C. this weekend. Curses. However, that just means that we'll have to go back again so that we can hang out with you. Speaking of that, I'm keeping my eye out for jobs in D.C. (a necessary evil in my opinion...job hunting, that is) and I'm wondering how you came across the job you have. Any tips? And finally, I vote for the brown sugar cookies with maple icing. YUM! If I was at the bake sale, I'd totally buy a dozen. =)

    Meg said...

    Girl I would say the brown sugar cookies with maple icing.

    Anonymous said...

    I would say choc-caramel, but the choc-pb ones look more exotic, and will likely sell better. :D