| me, Liz, Carly. Photo by Liz's husband, the fabulous Mark Weinberg |
7:02- We finally catch a cab at 93rd and Columbus. We're cutting it close.
7:12- We're in our cab making our way down to our bus. Still cutting it close. Bus leaves at 7:30.
7:18- Another cab cuts us off and our cab driver proceeds to yell at him out the window and call him a Puerto Rican and a Mexican. (Not sure which one our driver thought was worse.)
7:22- I'm getting really stress I can't breathe.
7:23- "I can't deal with this right now!" (I say as I try to get the sound to turn off on the tv and it won't work.)
7:25- I decide if we make it, I'm throwing a 20 through the window and letting the driver keep the change. Laney's trying to lighten the situation.
7:27- We arrive at 33rd St and 7th Av.
7:28- We sprint across the street and run to the bus.
7:29- We are unfortunate enough to find the only four seats together are on the back two rows, right next to the bathroom.
* * *
8:20- Lisa and I turn around looking for the food we think Debbie and Laney have gotten out.
8:35- The bus pulls over.
8:37- The bus driver and a woman appear to be cleaning something up. We speculate barf. That would explain the overwhelming garlic smell.
8:40- A guy covering his nose with his sweatshirt walks towards us in the back and explains that indeed someone ralphed their Italian dinner. (Must have had the garlic knots we all think.)
8:53- We pull into a rest stop for a 20 minute break.
8:54- We realize how happy we are we're as far away from the puke seat as possible and happy we were late for the bus, because we probably would have been sitting near it...
More NYC pictures to follow!
2 comments:
Ha ha ha. I think your posts about public transportation are the best posts on your blog. XD
I'm glad you were blessed enough to be far, far away from the puke. But did you have to walk through it when you got off the bus? Or did he puke in his seat? Gross.
Post a Comment