Things are slow at work this week. And that translates to another blog post for you! So, here's the NYC recap.
I have only gone to New York with friends once, and that was last October. Yeah, October 2009. So it was definitely a different trip than I've done in the past, and a good different. Lisa, Debbie, Laney and I caught the bus up to New York after work on Friday. Most things on the itinerary were not accomplished. But that doesn't mean it wasn't a success.
Highlights include: brunch at
Community Food and Juice (maybe a new favorite); taking pictures on the subway ride out to Brooklyn; Anthropologie shopping at Rockefeller Square; dinner with Liz and Mark at
Lombardi's; Debbie experiencing
"Banana Heaven"* for the first time; Carly; playing a late night game of "What If"; Sunday lunch at
Dinosaur BBQ in Harlem; and making the bus when I didn't think we were going to. (I'm sure I'm forgetting something else.)
 |
| Lombardi's with the Weinbergs. Why is my face so red?! We were laughing loud, and hard. That's it. I think... |
 |
| Dinosaur BBQ |
 |
| Before food. |
 |
| After food. |
 |
| Rockefeller Square. Man, I'm such a picture poser. |
 |
| Anthropologie. We all walked away with something. Great sale! |
*Banana Heaven would be Magnolia's Banana Pudding. And it really is Banana Heaven.
And, all pictures by the lovely and wonderful hostess, Carly. (I WAS going to link to her blog here but she NEVER updates so it's really pointless.)
3 comments:
Haha. Carly never updates...it's true. But I'm not much better. Love the pictures! Also I think it's funny that Carly received a tribute all her own in the paragraph about noteworthy things in NY. Merry Christmas Lauren!
and why would i NOT receive a tribute, miss angela?? thank you lauren for updating so that i don't have to... because we all know that I wouldn't have done it either way. so glad you guys came!
also, i think lisa and i may be related. or at least these pictures seem to think so.
Post a Comment