Yesterday while gchatting my friend asked me what some of my New Year's Resolutions were going to be. And, I thought of how my friend Catherine decided a few years ago that she was going to learn to yodel. I thought, you know, I should have a fun resolution I want to do.
And you know what? I thought of two.
Resolution #1: I will learn to draw. I bought a drawing book a few months ago, and I have yet to crack it open to begin the lessons. Oops! January will be a perfect time to start. Everything is good to start in January.
Resolution #2: I will be able to do the splits. I used to be a dancer. Well, I guess I'm still a dancer, I can't stop my body from moving when I hear Black Eyed Peas or something with a good solid bass. But, I used to be a ballet dancer. Whenever we would do things on the barre, I would always have to be on the lower bar because my legs would go that high. And usually we'd have to try and do the splits in the middle of the floor too. Yeah, my showing was pathetic. So, by 2012, I will be able to do the splits on the right and left side (hopefully). I'll learn how to do it. And I'll get flexible. And, there are lots of demonstrations online.
One of these is semi useful (drawing) one is probably not really useful. But, I'll amaze people with my high kick and my new found flexibility (maybe).
3 comments:
Nice. Good luck! I've never made a New Year's Resolution.
Good luck. I've been resolving to be more physically flexible and be able to do the splits for about five years now. I usually do get more flexible but have never even approached the splits.
I used to be able to do the splits. Wow, that was a long time ago. Not sure it's possible any more. lol.
Post a Comment