Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Procrastinating

I want to procrastinate right now. So I am. I can't write a lot because I have a lot to do.

I had a fabulous weekend. Peter, a friend from college, was in town and I haven't had so much fun in a long time. Maybe it was because he mixed up a bit. But that's probably mostly because he's male. Or maybe because he's really funny. But I feel like the majority of my social life is spent with women, which is usually more fun anyway, because then I don't have to be on "good behavior". And you know what? The weekend might have been fantastic for the sole reason that we cooked ALL day on Sunday! Woohoo! I love cooking! I made apple German pancakes with buttermilk syrup for breakfast, then helped Lisa make a delicious rainbow birthday cake (that is the birthday girl in the link. Yes she's only 2. Yes she needs a six layer cake...) while preparing a roast for dinner.  Everything turned out delicious. Well, except my roast. I felt like it was a little dry. Gravy was necessary.

On Monday we hit up the Wizards/Jazz game only to have my first time rooting for the Jazz be a bad luck charm because they lost to the Wizards. The worst team in the NBA. How embarrassing for Utah. Better luck next time Jazz fans.

The long weekend was closed out with Good Stuff Eatery, SNL videos and Grey's Anatomy. I think it was basically the best weekend ever. Well, the best long weekend staying at home and not venturing off to some new city.

Oh, and I cleaned my room really really really well on Saturday, so I was really productive too, getting the one thing done that I really needed to get done. I'm awesome.

3 comments:

AJ Candrian said...

Oh, wow! That rainbow cake looks incredible!!! Nice work!

mandi winterton said...

you are awesome but don't you ever hang out with peter without me again! i hate it.

Allison Barker said...

I love that CAKE!!!