Thursday, June 23, 2011

50th Anniversary

I love ice cream. 
So when they told us there would be free ice cream brought by Ben and Jerry's today, I was SOO there. Then when Jerry got on the loud speaker and announced to the entire agency in a really awkwardly awesome way that it was FREE and how could anyone pass up FREE Ben and Jerry's, I laughed out loud and then grabbed my friends so they would come down with me.
I probably should have taken another picture...

microphone holder/guy in the suit = our administrator; 
tall guy in gray = ISC president (who I incidentally escorted in the building yesterday to a meeting with my boss. we're totally tight/ he's really really nice and totally laid back and really tall); 
guy with beard giving a thumbs up = Jerry. THE Jerry.

Why were they here? It's the 50th Anniversary of my agency this year.

Pretty awesome way to help celebrate my Birthday Week huh?

PS. I might have literally rubbed shoulders with the administrator while I went to get my Phish Food. 
Pretty sure I'm on the fast track to a career in politics and development, that rub was practically a handshake which was just a handshake away from The Secretary and that handshake is just a step away from one with The President... So, I totally practically almost shook hands with POTUS during my Birthday Week. Like I said, pretty awesome way to celebrate my Birthday Week.

1 comment:

chelsea said...

Can't believe I missed this! PS. Please don't ever wash your hand:)