But two things happened this weekend that let me know I am becoming my mother (in a very good and somewhat dorky sort of way, you know, things my mother might do*)
Example 1: I totally had a conversation with Andrew Wheating. For those of you unfamiliar with Oregon Track and Field (like everyone in the world except Oregon Track and Field enthusiasts and Eugene residents) Andrew Wheating runs for Oregon and is really good and really awesome. Here's what his U of O page says about him:
2008 Olympian5-Time NCAA Champion (800 Meters twice, 1,500 Meters, Distance Medley Relay twice)Pac-10 Champion (800 Meters, three times)2010 Bowerman Award FinalistUSTFCCCA Track Athlete of the Year (Outdoor)Pac-10 Track Athlete of the Year3 School Records (Mile, 800 Meters-i, Distance Medley Relay)8-Time All-American
Yeah, he's pretty awesome.
And I totally talked to him on Saturday after the Prefontaine Classic track meet.
Lauren: head nod, Good job!
Andrew: smiles, Hey thanks!
And there you have it folks. Me and Andrew Wheating? Tight.
Why does this make me like my mother? Because she'd probably do something like that to a total stranger as well.
Example 2: My dad took Rachel's car to work because his didn't have gas. Rachel took my dad's car to school, along with the credit card. That leaves me with my mom's minivan to drive to meet my friend for breakfast. We met at the Institute of Religion for the U of O. And what does she come pulling into the spot next to me in? A minivan. There we are 27 and almost 27, no kids between us, driving minivans. It was one of the funnier moments of my life.
Yes, I am turning into my mother because I don't think twice about driving a minivan.
Speaking of my mother. Rachel just emailed me this picture. Harry Potter World. Butterbeer. Mmmmm...
* but don't get me wrong. My mom is super cool and I want to be just like her. Maybe that's the real reason why I do things she would do...


5 comments:
I drove a minivan for a little bit of high school. It was awesome! You can definitely rock it :) P.S. I'm STILL SO JEALOUS you went to Harry Potter World. It wasn't open yet when I was there. Boo. And I bet your mom is pretty awesome.
How close is Eugene to Corvallis?
Yeah, I heard your mom is really cool and I would want to be like her too.
1. i drove a minivan all of hs too and loved it.
2. i think U of O is gorgeous and have been to that institute building for no reason at all.
3. i LOVE prefontaine. i saw the move. fabulous.
4. basically i want to be you.
Your mom is awesome. See how she handled those plane tickets by herself, whew! I told her to get a travel agent next time. What a job. Hope you all have a great time. Minivans are the best. Anytime you need room to put stuff, that's the place, especially if you are going shopping.
Sorry we missed Rachel's awesome moments. Darren's kids were fun at our house and Cherilyn was singing in a concert.
Post a Comment