When I don't want to do something I procrastinate it.
Example 1: Messy room? I won't even go in there until bedtime because I don't want to clean it.
Example 2: That obnoxious homework? I'll put it off until I end up staying up till 2 am to get it done.
Example 3: Job applications? I usually complete them on the deadline.
Today fortunately it worked out to my advantage.
I hate doing travel authorizations. I have about 20 steps to take and then it has to be approved by a handful of people and it's all obnoxious. So I always procrastinate it. When there are changes to an approved travel authorization it's even more annoying.
So, long story short, someone's travel was changed, he needed more money for the travel authorization. I procrastinated getting it done, and by the time I went to begin the finalizing process the plane ticket had gone down $500 and I didn't need to change anything. It was AWESOME.
This is probably the one and only time procrastination will pay off.
No comments:
Post a Comment