Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Hot Chocolate

Apparently I've become quite the racer (meaning I did two races in a week and a half). Not that doing a 5 miler and then a 5K make for being a runner, but, that's all I got pictures of these days.

Last Saturday I ran the Hot Chocolate Run with a million other people in a horrifically unorganized race. (I suspect that since it's the first time they did it in DC there were a lot of unaccounted for problems that occurred. But, they really should have had it at a place with public transportation access. That would have cut out the hour long + wait we had trying to get across the bridge to the National Harbor.)

But never mind that. We ran, we ate chocolate at the end, we were happy.

See?

Immediately post race. I'm red. Yeah, also busted out that sweatband again. Genius.

With our fondue goodness. We couldn't tell if it was actually really good. Or just really good post race.

The fondue dish. 

All the happy runners. Allie's so happy she can hardly keep her eyes open.

We finished our runner's high off with Cafe Rio that night. And I finished off my night by going to bed at 10:30 and not waking up the next day until my alarm went off at 9:30. I think I was catching up on missed sleep from other nights. There was no way I was that tired from a 5k.

Other things not pictured from the past week:

  1. Went to the White House Christmas tree lighting. Highlights include Michelle Obama and Kermit the Frog reading The Night Before Christmas; and One Republic singing their Christmas song Christmas Without You. Watch what I saw HERE.
  2. Saw the latest Twilight movie. It was... interesting... Actually, I was highly entertained the majority of the time. Couldn't help but laugh out loud when the wolves are talking to each other in their heads. Ridiculous is really the only way to describe that.
  3. Read three stupid books (and when I say stupid books I mean I read fluff novels, nothing with real substance). Bringing my year's book number to 65. 

PS. Thanks for the lovely race all my racer girls, Domineau, Allie, Stefi and not pictured: Meradyth and Lindsay

4 comments:

marie said...

so funny my sister ran that race too and i wanted to come for the chocolate and a sweatshirt, what i'll do for chocolate never ceases to surprise...

Amy Lovell said...

My sister and Hollie (and someone else I don't remember who) did that race, too. I told my sister I wanted to come out and do it with her, but she said it was only a 5k and not worth my money, but it sounded fun anyway.

Love that you went to the Christmas tree lighting, remember when we went to that a few years ago together?

Erin Masi said...

You've read 65 books this year?!? I'm struggling coming up with 12!! Way to go-that is so awesome!

And congrats on the Hot Chocolate run. Who doesn't love fondue at the end of a run?!?

Unknown said...

I would say those two races does make you a runner. :) And I love thinking of Michelle Obama and Kermit reading together. Lastly, good job on your many, many books. I think this year was one of my worsts for reading.