Thursday, December 22, 2011

Party Planning Committee

Somehow I ended up on my bureau's holiday party planning committee. I missed the first meeting due to the National Christmas Tree Lighting. And I conveniently was "sick" during the other meeting. Next thing I know, I'm being totally dragged onto the committee being thrust $500 and sent off to Costco to make sure enough booze was purchased. (Great idea people, send the sober MORMON for alcohol.)

I was informed that all the other meetings were pointless because one person veto'd all the ideas that were different. And then everyone else felt awkward to bring up other ideas. It felt like a scene right out of The Office. So many similarities in this video:


Except Angela veto'ing karaoke and drinking games, it was someone veto'ing African food in favor of Soul food and Popeye's Fried Chicken. Gross.

Two more days of work. Two more days...

3 comments:

Amy Lovell said...

I love that they put you on that...I always hated being on that committee but somehow found myself on it every year there...thankfully they knew better than to put me in charge of the booze though!

You can do it, and then it's home homeward bound!

Unknown said...

Amy, you're job in OHA WAS Professional Party Planner.

Lau, I would love to know what alcohol you actually bought. Did you get something weird and random like Peppermint Schnaps?

Lauren Kay said...

We had two bottles of red and two bottles of white wine that we bought, someone brought in three bottles they had left over from their engagement party, then we got two Costco cases of Corona and Sam Adams. We were told we didn't buy enough beer so the next day we hit up a liquor store for three more cases of beer.

Seriously, though, never send the Mormon for alcohol...

But there was plenty of Sprite, Diet Coke, regular Coke, Pepsi, Fresca and Ginger Ale to go around :) I was happy!