Tuesday, January 31, 2012

What is that smell?

Sunset from last night, I snapped it after I noticed the reflection in my front door window. I almost missed it! Yeah, this picture has nothing to do with the post...


On Saturday my sister Jess and I went to a big craft expo out by the airport. And it was awesome. We walked in and felt like we had just been transported to the Eugene Holiday Market (ie the Winter version of Saturday Market) because it was filled with various booths of awesome homemade goods. The only difference was that there was a serious lack of dreadlocks and hippies. We loved admiring jewelry, pottery, stain glass (the booth was gorgeous), beautiful rustic wood mirrors, but the best part was the food samples. Basically Jess and I devoured all the different food samples (jams, pickles, mixes, salsas, etc) and we were in food sample heaven. Wait, that's Costco... In the end, we ended up buying a few different specialty hot chocolates, dip mixes and a pineapple salsa.

Ok so there's the background. Last night my room smelled bad. Totally embarrassing right? It smells bad so bad, I'm worried that an animal died in the walls or something, but I don't want to search too hard in fear of what I might find.

So I did the next logical thing, I borrowed my roommate's delicious smelling candle to try and cover the smell. It helped last night, but the smell was still there this morning. I kind of looked around for it again but couldn't find it, again scared to look too hard. What if I find an old lunch tupperware deep under my bed that was now covered in mold? Ew. Gross.

Then it hit me while blow-drying my hair. One of the mixes I bough had asiago cheese in it and the guy I purchased from told me to put it in a tupperware because the smell is strong*.

Sure enough, it was the asiago cheese and herb mix. Problem solved (hopefully, if my room still smells when I get home from work I'll know it is a dead animal).

Note to self: remember to follow directions.



*They kept that particular mix under the display table, offering samples of it only because the lady next to them complained about the smell. I loved the craft expo drama. I wonder what else we could have found out...

4 comments:

Charlie N. Holmberg said...

I was like, "Asiago hot chocolate?" when I scrolled back up and re-read that you got dip mixes as well. ;)

Unknown said...

Such a pretty picture!!

Rebecca said...

This is really great. Love it.

Rebecca said...

p.s. I'm referring to the photo not the fact that you were distressed by unidentified smelly cheese.