Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Holland, 1991

Cami, Jess, me, Emma

In 1990 we were lucky enough to move to a little town in Germany for two years. My dad was stationed at Worms Army Base and we lived in a cute little town called Osthofen. I was six. Here's your old classic Richey family of the week. Holland circa 1991.

Things I remember from that trip:

  • I didn't have a proper coat, just a rain slicker. I think I forgot to pack it. So, to keep me warm I wrapped my ratty blanket around my torso and put my rain slicker over the top. I lost it and then later found it 30 seconds after a pair of old Dutch women picked it up by a corner, examining it warily between them. 
  • Lots and lots of tulips
  • Wanting wooden clogs until I tried them on.
  • Being cold.
The typical things a 7 year old remembers...

No comments: