* * *
I'm going to the beach this weekend. Duck beach. Every year I say I'm going to do something better the following year. This year I gave in again. And I'm actually surprisingly excited and thrilled to be going. I have a small agenda for this year. It's really simple:
- don't get fried the first day. I'm hoping to counteract the sun with my SPF 50 and SPF 85. Not kidding. Knowing me I will tan still and I'm hoping not to be as miserable as previous year. I burn in like 20 minutes anyway so I'm pretty sure I'll still have a burn. (I also bought a big hat.)
- glam it up. This will mostly be accomplished by my tinted lip balm (Best. Stuff. EVER. Seriously. Yes I have every color.) And then I will look like I'm wearing lipstick at the beach. Ridiculous? Yes. Awesome? Definitely. (And then I will feel gorgeous. Seriously.)
- skinny dip and have my clothes waiting when I return. Did I ever tell you my clothes got stolen when I skinny dipped in the Sea of Galilee? True story. It was terrifying. The clothes were returned. Trish gets the credit with the theft and lucky for us, the return.
- finish two books. I haven't chosen the second yet but I've been saving THIS one for the beach.
- get tan, make new friends, and get to know old ones better. Duh.
(Duck post from last year.)
* * *
I desperately want cookies right now. Preferably a coconut, toffee, chocolate chip one like the ones I made on Tuesday for a coworker. I should have saved some for myself...
* * *
I'm going shopping during lunch today. Hoping to find another sleeved maxi dress because I've now worn my new one every day this week. Mostly when I get home from work but it has still made an appearance on my body every day this week. I'll probably have to wear it after work today to round out the week.
3 comments:
Have fun at Duck Beach without me:) I love and miss you!
So what did you do when the clothes were nabbed?
And I'm sorry people on the metro were having issues. Sometimes it surprises me how rude strangers can be...
Please please have a DBR and do an ultimate UDBSD for me . I am SO jealous !!!!!!
Post a Comment