Thursday, July 5, 2012

Happy 4th!

I love living in a patriotic city on The 4th of July. It was really fun to go into DC and watch the fireworks on the grass outside the Lincoln Memorial. I love it when the fireworks are big and practically right overhead and the booming can really be felt in your chest. And the white, semi sparkly, lingering fireworks are my favorites.

walking across an empty Memorial Bridge

view of the Lincoln from our seats in the grass

view of the Washington and Capital from our seats

white fireworks are my favs

the "weeping willow" ones especially the favorites

awesome finale, they just kept coming

I hope you had a wonderful Independence Day too. I just wish I had today and tomorrow off to celebrate too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Those weeping willow ones have always been my favorite too. So dream like.

Happy 4th (plus 21 days)!