Yesterday when in my stained glass class I was struggling to put the finishing border on my piece. (One type of glass was a little bit thicker than the rest and so the lead didn't want to fit.) There is a student in the class who is an absolute know-it-all. She bothers me by acting like she is so much smarter than everyone else because she already knows how to work with glass and offers unsolicited advice regularly. But I chat with her to help me like her better. I liked her ok until yesterday when she came to help me fit the lead on. In her poor attempt to help me with my piece, she cracked one of my panes of glass! I was so in shock, that I didn't even know what to say or do. I know she felt bad, especially because she is blatantly rude to those who come near to touching her work space. Frankly, I'm afraid of her and was too polite to tell her not to touch my work and then too nice to say anything about how I was really feeling when she ruined my piece. (I had lots of mean things to say milling around in my head.) I left class an hour early not wanting to fix my piece because I'm sick of it and now it makes me sick to look at it. I now have only three class periods to finish my old piece and design, pattern, cut, and lead my second piece.
Moral of the story: Don't let anyone touch your special things even if they act like they know what their doing, because chances are they don't and they might break it. And in this case it's not 'you break it, you buy it', it's someone else breaks it, you fix it.
3 comments:
ugh, lauren that's so annoying. here's the plan: we'll go tonight to where you store your pieces, and we'll shatter her whole project and THEN she'll know how you feel! ah ha ha ha!!! perfect.
i'll be there too emma. count me in.
Lauren that blows. I'm sorry.
Post a Comment