Wednesday, January 7, 2009
I can't drive
I’m not very good at driving in snow. There isn’t a lot of snow in Oregon, and when we do have it the city is basically shut down. So the snow that has been falling for the last two days solid in Provo has severely inhibited my driving. Yesterday I got nervous to drive to Smiths but I made it home safely. I slipped multiple times just walking to and from school today, so today when I had to drive to Bookbinding I worried that I would have some car problem. (You know, because I’m paranoid and slightly pessimistic.) As I drove back from dinner tonight I lamented the fact that I probably wouldn’t get a parking spot in one of the covered spots. Well, it turned out my fears were justified and there were no spots underneath. The parking spots in the back are really small and it’s usually necessary to do some maneuvering to park straight, but when I tried to do that I couldn’t move at all. I looked up and saw some guy cleaning the snow off his car. I got out of the car and apologetically said something lame like, “Hi, sorry, um, I don’t really know how to drive in snow well and I’m stuck.” The guy, who’s pretty attractive by the way, comes over to push my car. When we got my car moving, he told me it would probably be smarter for me to park where the ground is more level (meaning the back of the parking lot). Somehow, miraculously, I got my car stuck again as I tried to park in another spot. By then, my attractive helper has been joined by a girl, who calls him Babe. I sat in the car laughing thinking of the awkwardness of the situation and wondering if I should get out of the car and ask for help again. Of course he’s not only being attractive but very helpful and came over to my car asking if I need help again before I even got out of the car. He pushed my car out again and then asked if it would be ok if he drove my car. Obviously since I can’t drive in the snow I jumped out of the car letting him get in and re-park the car for me. How embarrassing. I tend to think of myself as pretty strong and independent and I had to have a guy come and park my car tonight because I couldn’t do it. Wow. Never again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Take drivers from all over the world, half of whom don't know how to drive in the snow, and stick them in Provo during the winer...watch out UTAH!!! I'm sorry you got stuck so many times, but I had to laugh about the entire situation...I wish I would have been there to see your struggles! :) Driving in snow is simple, just go slow!
My money says Attractive Helper Dude is single and his first name is actually Babe (like Babe Ruth) and that was his sister. Hellloooo future husband!
Post a Comment