Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April and a pathetic attempt at an apology

April seems to be a life changing month for me. Two years ago I was finishing my mission and coming home. Coming home to two sisters in college, one about to graduate from high school, and a third who was no longer a little girl. Now two of those sisters are on their own missions, another is getting ready to follow in my footsteps of multiple study abroads, and the third will be finishing her sophomore year of high school soon. I'm finishing up college this month with graduation in 22 days and attempting to get my life sorted out.

A few days ago I was thinking about my mission. (I think about it a lot because Cami and Jess are gone on theirs.) I was realizing that the highlight of my mission was two days and two years ago. Ewa's baptism. As I was thinking about this I was thinking about how God does not make worthwhile things easy for us. (That's why I haven't had some fabulous revelation telling me what to do with my life.) I wanted so badly for Ewa to get a knowledge that the church was true but I obviously couldn't make that decision for her. But when she did make that decision, I have never felt happier and I don't think I've been that happy since. It doesn't seem like it was as long ago as it was but I thought I'd share a couple pictures of Ewa and the wonderful person she is:


These pictures are from her baptismal day (duh); our last lesson; and saying goodbye at the train station.
And yes, the polaroid-esque pictures make it seem like my mission was in the 70s or something. I told you I'd been home for a long time!

Ewa is great. She is the kindest person I know (even if she says she isn't, she really is). She is so thoughtful. She sent Jess a package in the MTC and I know she's already planning a summer trip up to Finland to visit Cami (even though Cami will be in the MTC until June 9th. Yep, she still has two months just down the street in Provo). She's like our sister, and I know she thinks of us as her family too. I am a bad sister. She wants to skype with me. I didn't send her a birthday present and so for her birthday present from me she wanted to skype. I never responded to the email. Yep I know, me, jerk. I can't speak Polish. I've been home for two years. And now a note for her: Ewa, I have a confession. I'm proud. (My dad lets me know all the time.) And I'm embarrassed of my Polish. I'm embarrassed that I don't always understand the conversation. I don't like feeling stupid. (Pride) I know you wouldn't want me to feel dumb, but I do. I feel terrible. So Ewa, this is my pathetic attempt to apologize for no birthday present and to let you know that I still love you and think of you often. I hope you are having a wonderful day and that all is going well. Love, Lauren

1 comment:

Ewa said...

kocham ciÄ™!!