Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Blah

I feel like I'm having a blah day. I have a huge paper due tomorrow and what am I doing? Blogging. Wow. I'm a horrible procrastinator. It's awful when I know I'm probably going to be up all night writing a paper about Georges de La Tour and sifting through terrible articles reviewing a collection of paintings for the most recent exhibition and French articles that I cannot understand. I offered to cook dinner for someone who was too stressed to do it their self, not knowing that I was going to be gearing up for a long night. But I don't really want to change my paper topic to something perhaps more accessible because I like La Tour. He has really cool paintings. See:

Clockwise: Christ with St. Joseph in a Carpenter's Shop; Education of the Virgin; Dream of St. Joseph; Adoration of the Shepherds

See, they're really cool. I'm discussing the use of light and it's connection to spirituality in the Counter Reformation. Boring right? But I don't want to do something else either. Bah. I should be working on it right now.

Another reason I'm having a blah day is that we started intervieweing people for my job. That means I really have only a few days left. 14 to be exact. I only have 14 days left in college. Wow.

A few years ago right before the sixth Harry Potter book came out my family took a trip to Seattle and went to the Experience Music Project museum there. You can get your picture taken to make you look like a real rock band. We named our band 14 days because that's how many days it was until the next book came out. So now all I can think of is Jess's wailing during our recording session singing "Fourteen daaaaayyyss-uh". There were other lyrics too that the musical genius' wrote (Emma, Cami and Jess), while Rachel and I attempted to do back up sounds. I can't even listen to the CD because I sound so dorky.

Speaking of dorky. I got a package for Easter yesterday from my mom. She's fabulous. There was a big Easter egg filled with candies and edible grass. I liked the grass, it had a slight apple flavor:



Other than the edible grass, the best part of the day was mission letters from my sisters! Yay! (Updates to come later.)

3 comments:

Ewa said...

ślicznie wyglądasz!

MKShelley said...

I love your blog!

Kristen said...

i love this. and the consecutive snapshots of eating your apple-flavored grass...too funny :)

I can't WAIT to be done!!