Monday, June 15, 2009

Happy today

I'm making a healthy Chicken Parmesan tonight courtesy of The Biggest Loser cookbook. Hopefully it tastes good. But I thought I'd write about what's making me happy today while it cooks:

1. I have Viva La Vida playing as I cook. I love this CD. There is something about it that makes me so happy. It makes me think of Jerusalem. I think that's because the CD came out just a couple weeks before I left or maybe it's because Viva La Vida says, "I hear Jerusalem bells a ringing..." It makes me think of my sisters too. Coldplay came to Salt Lake in November and we went to the concert. Now Cami's on her way to Finland and Emma's in London and it makes me think of them.

2. Speaking of Cami and Emma, I got to talk to both of them today. Emma told me all about London and all the plays she's gone to see. She saw Jude Law in Hamlet the other night, and said he was really good. She also told me about visiting the Portrait Gallery and the British Museum, and it has me super jealous. And Cami finally gets to leave the MTC after a two week delay thanks to Swine flu. She called from Salt Lake and again from Chicago before boarding the plane for London. (No they aren't going to meet up. Cami said it would be too hard to see Emma.) She sounds really good, and hearing her say Finnish words and phrases sound like she's making up sound combinations.

3 comments:

wren photography said...

KODY AND CAMI WERE IN THE MTC AT THE SAME TIME!!! WOOO HOOO I WISH THEY'D KNOWN!

and oh yeah Kody is going to Argentina.

MISS YOU

Annie said...

I'm listening to the Viva La Vida soundtrack right now! How fortuitous! Happy day Lauren!

Hayley said...

Viva La Vida reminds me of Jerusalem, too! I love it!