Thursday-- Although not technically the weekend, I'm still counting it. I went to the Mason Jennings concert and it was really good. I was amazed at how good his voice sounded and luckily Mandi had staked out some good standing position about five rows back from the stage.
Friday-- I had a wonderful surprise of Erin calling me and telling me she was in Provo for the day. Yay! And I got talked into going up to Salt Lake for the night to see Twilight with her and her sister. And I wonder now if I should be embarrassed that I enjoyed the movie as much as I did. Maybe it's because cheezy things are so much more enjoyable when you see them with 17 year olds. I spent the night up there, stayed up too late but had some much needed chatting with Erin.
Saturday-- Slept till about 8 then borrowed a book out of a Barker closet and read for the majority of the morning until I figured I should go back down to Provo to actually be productive. I ended up finishing the book:

It was good but not nearly as good as my favorite Ella Enchanted. I got a phone call from my sisters who decided very last minute that they were going to go to the Coldplay concert at the Delta-- hm, 'scuse me, the Energy Solutions Arena that night. And I, despite my reason telling me not to, decided to go to. And it was completly worth it!
This is us sitting in our "nose-bleed" seats before it started. We're so excited!
This is a video of Fix You. The sound quality isn't very good when it gets loud and you can hear me and Emma "Whoo"-ing during it. But, it show's you where our seats were. And despite being really far up, I'd much rather be at the side closer to the stage than far away in the middle. (Maybe I'm just justifying though.)
Sunday-- not enough sleep and not enough time for a nap but I laughed for a really long time with my roommates and that was the best part of the day.
I now should get going on my work that I didn't do this weekend, but I'm going home in 11 hours and 20 minutes!
2 comments:
I am so jealous of you going to those concerts!
I did get to see Sondre Lerche last night (the guy at the end of Dan in Real Life), who was an absolute doll. Such a cutie.
And I will have to read that book...as soon as I saw the pic and "Gail Carson Levine," I knew I had to add it to my booklist. I, too, am a giant fan of Ella Enchanted. I'm pretty sure the cover is falling off of my paperback :)
If I posted about my weekend it would say something like this. "Friday night I had a nice and relaxing evening with myself. I may or may not have used my jetted tub as a hot tub...by myself. Saturday I had a ward Thanksgiving dinner, watched Max Hall embarrass himself and the rest of BYU in a despicable game against the Utes, and then went home and went to bed."
I love that your life is exciting. Come visit the East coast and I promise to make the weekend more exciting than said weekend above. :)
Post a Comment