Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving

The menu for our Thanksgiving dinner was fabulous. This might be the first year that we have had just our family at our house for the meal, and because of that, it was a great family effort to get everything made. Here is what we had:
Turkey breasts-- we didn't want to have an entire turkey so we made two turkey breasts that were smothered in a sage, thyme, paprika, sugar mix.

Sweet Potatoes with Brown Sugar and Pecans-- this is my favorite dish and I got to make it this year.

Apple and Sausage Stuffing-- this is Cami's favorite

Mashed Potatoes

Garlic and Chile Seared Green Beans-- new recipe

Raspberry Jello Salad-- we can't be true Mormons without it (and it's my second favorite)

After dinner we went to see Australia at the theater. It's the new movie out with Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman. It was long but I really liked it. I like historical-ish movies and epics. (And I like good-looking men in a movie.) After the movie we came back home for pie. And it was delicious.

Lattice Top Apple Pie-- this was made by Cami and Emma

Banana Cream Pie-- our family favorite and was made by Rachel and my dad

Pumpkin Pie-- crust made by Cami, filling done by Rachel and Emma

Pumpkin Pecan Bread Pudding

The only thing our Thanksgiving was lacking was Jess. But she seemed to have had a fun day at the MTC. She'll be back for Thanksgiving 2010.

6 comments:

Millas said...

what's with people from Oregon y eating Apple y Sausage stuffing? The people we had from there made the same stuffing, so yeah.

Ewa said...

Lauren! You shouldn't mention all those things you ate! Now I'm hungry! and I have to wait till Christmas to eat something good (made by my mom or dad) :)we should rozmawiać na Skype kiedyś :) just tell me when it's the best for you and I will be ready :) bo ja miss Twoja face ;)

kel said...

Lauren! (This is Kelly from Vienna SA.) So, my family saw Australia this Thanksgiving, too. I absolutely LOVED it. Yeah, kinda long and a little disjointed, but so interesting. Actually, I'm kind of obsessed with it now. Anyway, all the food you guys made sounds freakin delicious. Oh, and I love your blog. :)

kel said...

Oh, and I didn't notice I copied Ewa with the "Laruen!"... I really was just excited to say your name!

Madame Palmkey said...

I was pretty offended that you used the word Turkey bre**ts. Usually when I encounter something deeply offensive I remind myself "a Richey would NEVER" so that I can be assured that somewhere five girls are standing up for decency in our sordid world. NOT ANYMORE. Fie.

Kristen said...

OK, your dinner sounds divine. And I also went and saw Australia on Thanksgiving day! I echo your sentiments on it completely.

Countdown...10 days till i come back. And hopefully just 11 or so before I get to see you ?