Friday, November 14, 2008

Good day.

Note: This was supposed to have been posted yesterday, but I forgot. So when it says last night, it's actually talking about Wednesday night, not Thursday night, even though I’m posting it today and the first paragraph says last night. But it wasn’t last night, because last night I forced myself to stay awake till 12:00 (Midnight) and headed on over to the new Cinemark Theaters by Costco and saw Quantum of Solace (the new James Bond movie). And then probably slept through the movie with my eyes open with an occasional "Oh!" or "Oh my gosh!" But the movie discussion is for another time.

Here’s the post I should have posted yesterday:

As I was about to turn off my light last night I heard my familiar "sister ring tone" because Cami was calling. I figured she was probably calling to analyze our flag football game that we had just lost. But when I answered the phone she said, "Lauren, I left my car on campus." How someone leaves their car on campus I'm not exactly sure, but I got dressed and met her outside to drive her to her car which was parked way over by the Law building. (Too far of a walk at midnight.) We had a good little talk in the car and when I got into bed last night I was in a really good mood. I didn't have any big exciting things happen to me during the day but a whole handful of little things that made my day great, and I went to bed happy.

1. There were donuts in the Life Sciences Dean's office. I got a chocolate one.

2. We had a really good lecture in Humanities about WWI and I just felt so sad about the events of the past. Ok, now why is that good? It got me thinking about All Quiet on the Western Front, one of my favorite books I read in high school, and then I started thinking about other books that changed the way I think.

3. I finished my paper. Only two days late this time. It was three days late last month.

4. I took a giant step towards adulthood and applied for graduation!

5. Bought pretty blue handmade paper for bookbinding and was very glad it had stopped raining because there was no way that big role of it was going to stay dry. (Tender mercy? Yes. Yes it was.)

6. Ran into Emily Dreschler who I haven't seen since last year sometime. And it was like no time had passed. I love her.

7. Ran into Elizabeth, my friend from Stained Glass, who got her mission call. (Romania)

8. Went to bookbinding.

9. Left bookbinding early so I could play in our flag football game. We lost. How does that make the good things list? Well, I now won’t worry about winning so much. We can go back to having fun.

10. I went to dance practice. I was feeling completely uncoordinated because I was having a hard time learning the dance. I felt stupid because after taking dance the majority of my life, I couldn’t follow some simple moves. But by the end of practice I was feeling fairly confident and knew that would change and get better with a few more strategic practices.

11. I curled up in bed with my laptop and watched FNL. If you haven’t seen it yet, WATCH IT! I love love love love it! I can hardly go a day without watching it and don’t know what’s going to happen when I get all caught up and have to wait weeks in between to watch the latest episode.

12. Drove Cami to her car. It was so funny that there was no way I could get mad at her.

See, nothing big, but it was just a great day.

3 comments:

Amy Lovell said...

Through all of our daily chats/emails, through all of our discussions of school, and throughout the past three months, how is this the first time I learned you were in a dance class?

I'm glad "that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass." :)

Anonymous said...

thanks for driving me to my car, lauren!

MKShelley said...

You should read "To Destroy You Is No Loss." It will definitely change the way you think.