I wish that with a title like thoughts that I would have something profound to write. I don’t. My knee hurts. I banged it on the wall last night before I went to sleep and then I banged it again in the middle of the night. It’s not swollen, but it’s sore and it’s a deep hurt, one that I’m not sure is going to bruise. I feel so accident prone. I slept with my computer, notebook, and textbooks in my bed last night so that when my alarm went off at 5:30, so I could study for my test, I could press snooze a few times, and the reminder of the books in bed with me would force me to get up. It didn’t happen. I got up at 7:00 and needed to work by 8:00. So needless to say, I didn’t get anything done. I love having my own room, but the number one problem of that right now is that I can’t get up in the morning! I don’t have to worry about waking or annoying anyone with my incessant snooze pushing. (Number two would be that I can’t keep it clean and I can just close the door when it gets too messy.) I thought I could get up this morning but it didn’t happen. I also end up reading late in bed without worrying about annoying a roommate who thinks it’s weird I’m reading for fun when I am swamped with a million other things to do. I’m trying to work on my motivation but it’s just not working. I have two tests, a term paper and another paper all due within the next five days.
In a different frame of thought, I think I’ve discovered the perfect man. Well, probably not perfect but it sounds so romantic to me right now to have a mix of Jim Halpert (John Krasinski) and Gilbert Blythe (Jonathan Crombie).
Gilbert's always been my literary crush, he has a mix of humor, sarcasm, smart and persistence that I love. And I think that Jonathan Crombie is perfect for the movie. And lately I just love Jim. I love Jim. It's true, I l.o.v.e. Jim. I know the characters are both fictional, so I think their writers are good at making wonderfully lovable characters and maybe I'll find my own Jimbert someday.

1 comment:
I hope you find your Jimbert on day, and I hope he has friends!
Post a Comment