I’ve decided there are a few little things that make my life and the world an all over more beautiful place. (In no particular order.)
Deodorant
High pressure flushing toilets
Mascara
Acne medication
Gchat
Pillows
Chocolate
Feather comforters
My MacBook
Comic Strips
Airplanes
Air conditioning and heat
Bananas
Music I can dance to
Domesticated animals
Hair products
Chicken nuggets and dipping sauces
Websites that rebroadcast TV shows
Razors
Nutella
So this is a pretty materialistic list. There are other things that could definitely be added, like friends (this would add a lot of subcategories, like, friends who I call when I’m lonely, friends who I can grocery shop with—either on the phone or in person, friends I can burp in front of, friends I can be a complete idiot with, friends I can cry to, friends that call me out of the blue and make my day, friends that comment on my blog—hint hint, friends who buy me presents, friends who make me really really happy, etc), or family (also multiple categories in there, like favorite cousins, or sisters I can go to concerts with, or sisters I can go to dumb teeny-bopper movies with, or parents who still provide financial aid when I act like I won’t need it ever again, or parents who leave messages about the latest People Magazine cover—well, obviously I only have one set of parents, so that doesn’t make sense, but you get it). But add to my list and we’ll have a great Thanksgiving inspired list of wonderful things together. And since Thanksgiving is less than a week away (I’m starting mine on Monday night around 8 when I fly home) I’ll be reflecting on the things I’m thankful for, no matter how shallow.
2 comments:
I am also thankful for:
Feminine Supplies
Toilet Paper
Finding my ONE true LOVE and ANGELPRINCE so that I finally know what life is all about
Jane Austen
Pop songs for giving me food for thought. Where DO you go, my lovely? I want to know. Where do you go, go go go -ooh oh oh?
The doctrine of Repentance
A nice view from my window
That carpet powder you can put out before you vacuum so everything smells nice.
Lauren! I love you so much, and just read through so many of your posts. I can hear you speaking through your words. I am thankful for you. YOU make the world a more beautiful place.
Post a Comment