I caught* the bouquet!
Here's a picture of the cake from the reception. It was incredible:

The whole reception was an Indian theme. There were lots of saris and curry. The cake had cardamom and a mango filling between layers. It was delicious. Everything was delicious. And my feet hurt from dancing. (Though they probably don't hurt as much as the poor little girl I stepped on while dancing. Blasted heels!)


Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the bride with her real wedding dress on.
This is her go home with her husband dress. But her real wedding dress was beautiful and lacy.
(Left to right: Bianca, Stephanie, Emily the bride, me and Maret--who was adopted in)

The whole reception was an Indian theme. There were lots of saris and curry. The cake had cardamom and a mango filling between layers. It was delicious. Everything was delicious. And my feet hurt from dancing. (Though they probably don't hurt as much as the poor little girl I stepped on while dancing. Blasted heels!)
Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the bride with her real wedding dress on.
This is her go home with her husband dress. But her real wedding dress was beautiful and lacy.
(Left to right: Bianca, Stephanie, Emily the bride, me and Maret--who was adopted in)
*And when I say I caught the bouquet, I really mean that I was handed the bouquet. I asked the bride if she would be throwing the bouquet as it was going to be my main goal to keep someone else from getting it (cough, cough, Bianca) just to be funny. She told me she wasn't going to be doing that as it was a vain, pagan ritual. So she asked if I wanted to take it home since it would just sit around not being enjoyed while she was on her honeymoon. After giving it to me, we decided that it should be done properly and she threw it to me. Granted, I was only two feet away and then after making a slightly big deal about catching the bouquet we had to reenact it for the photographer and the rest of the nosy wedding reception attenders. I'm just happy I got a pretty bunch of flowers! Hooray for me! And according to tradition, I'm going to be the next to get married! (And that really doesn't have to be soon, it just will be the next. Besides, I only have to beat out Bianca, and that could be any time because she's too busy with med school for something in the near near future.)


8 comments:
Thanks for posting the photos, and joining the celebration.
congrats on the upcoming engagement! let me know when it happens. p.s. liz and i hung out the other night! did she tell you? so don't worry the three of us can all be bff's now! haha
I miss you.
I'm so proud of your for catching the flowers. I dont know how to spell the other word at this minute haha. But just pull a John and get engaged after five weeks and married within three months of meeting. No big deal, and you will be next! haha and yes, i called and asked all about it.
ha ha! yes. you are out of control.
I'm glad we got a good pic of the flowers, I never really looked at them I was so giddy. Congrats lady! Was bianca super mad?
that is seriously the coolest cake I have ever seen....and I've seen a lot of cakes (you know how I obsess over wedding mags). miss you
what an awesome wedding reception! and congrats on the bouquet...please let me know who the lucky man is (when you do, of course).
Post a Comment