Sunday, July 12, 2009

Oh Canada!

I'm going to Canada tomorrow. Montreal, Quebec City, PEI, Nova Scotia. I can't wait. I'll be gone for two weeks, so don't plan on hearing from me until I get back. Then I'll probably come back and want to blog about the trip but be so busy that I won't be able to do it because after I get back, I have one week till I move to DC!

I started a new book today: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. It's so hilarious. Kind of weird, but hilarious. It takes the original text and then adds zombie stuff to it. The authors are, Jane Austen (obviously) and Seth Grahame-Smith. I'll let you know if I completely recommend it when I finish it but so far so good. Here's an excerpt:

"Then, Mr. Darcy," observed Elizabeth, "you must comprehend a great deal in your idea of an accomplished woman."

"A woman must have a thorough knowledge of music, singing, drawing, dancing and the modern languages: she must be well trained in the fighting styles of the Kyoto masters and the modern tactics and weaponry of Europe. And besides all this, she must possess a certain something in her air and manner of walking, the tone of her voice, her address and expressions, or the word will be but half-deserved. all this she must possess, and to all this she must yet add something more substantial, in the improvement of her mind by extensive reading."

And I learned a valuable lesson today: Never go to a wedding without a date.

3 comments:

Erin Masi said...

Jealous! I've heard PEI is beautiful!!! I want to see pictures!

laura said...

Weird, I just started P&P&Z too! I read the description to my roommate and we couldn't stop giggling.

Also, my roommate would be SO jealous of your trip. She has been talking about how she wants to do an Anne of Green Gables trip to PEI. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Im so glad you said hi! Now we're friends :) Have fun in Canada!