1. Went to the DC Independent Film Festival last Friday with Debbie. We saw Tenure which I thought was pretty hilarious. Luke Wilson looked cute too. And I haven't been thinking he looked very good lately in those AT&T commercials.

2. Went to the Young Single Adult Combined Ward Chili-Cook Off and Hoe Down. As I walked into the stake center I was shocked at how many people were there. They were getting the dancing started and there were about a hundred people dancing around doing dosey-dos and line dancing. It was so fantastically hilarious. Just so cliche Mormon. I didn't dance. I stood on the side and mocked it with my friend Erin. Did I wish I was out there dancing? Just a titch. But that was only because someone made the off-handed comment that this was how the Celestial Kingdom would be. (Too many women to men.) And that was depressing when I realized I was one on the sideline.
3. Watched the Oscars. Was extra happy about The Young Victoria winning best costume design. Wasn't very happy however about the acceptance speech. It sounded something like, "This is my third Oscar and since some of you will never get one, I'll dedicate it to you." Somehow that just struck me wrong. But whatever. I loved The Young Victoria.

PS. Did you know Rupert Friend is dating Keira Knightly? (It's true, Google it.) Apparently Wickham and Elizabeth get together after all!
4. Went to The Dairy Godmother last night with Erin for their flavor of the day. How much do you just love that name? I love my bus driver too. He stopped at my bus stop even though I was continuing on down the hill to meet Erin at her apartment. Isn't that so nice! I kind of felt bad I wasn't getting off! Now I feel like I have a chauffeur. And that's a good reason to ride the bus!
5. The weather has been so absolutely gorgeous! It feels like Spring! Though there may be some rain coming on, I'm ok with that when the weather is upper 50s and low 60s. It just seems heavenly after all that snow!
No comments:
Post a Comment