Thursday, March 25, 2010

At last

Since my family is currently on the train, on their way back to DC from NYC (where they ditched me to hang out with Carly and see shows while I went to work), I realized I never posted pictures from the last trip I took to NYC which was in January over the Martin Luther King Jr. Day three day weekend. Here are a few highlights of the trip:

On our way to brunch. Carly, me, Andrea and Erin, Liz took the picture. (If you recall, last time I was in NYC we stayed at Andrea and Erin's place.) We had a sleep over at the night I got in.


After brunch--which we ate at a delicious place somewhere and the title of the restaurant had the word "Good" in it (and it lived up to that) but I can only really remember the good part-- we went to see Next to Normal. A musical about a dysfunctional family. We enjoyed it. But we may have cried too.


Ah, Levain Bakery. The bane of my existence. If I live near it I'd be two things, 1.) fat as a whale, and 2.) broke because those puppies are expensive. But I love them. Best cookies ever. I dream about the Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip one. Perhaps I should never move to the Upper West Side...


And lastly we hit up Shake Shack before going to a movie. Yep, we went to a musical and a movie in one night. We saw The Lovely Bones and I think we were all a little scarred. Another highlight of the trip, was meeting the fella in the picture who I knew I'd meet someday...


I really do love New York. When I go visit I think, "Man I could definitely live here." But then I come home to DC and it feels like home too. And who wouldn't want to come home when they have what was in that box in their room? (Post coming soon. Promise!)

3 comments:

AJ Candrian said...

Ohhhh.... Liz and her man are cute together!!!!

Amy Lovell said...

So fun, I wish I could have been there. Can we go soon!?!?

Carly April said...

http://purelylauren.blogspot.com/2010/02/not-weather-related-post.html

haha it was a good enough trip that it deserved a double post! omg Lauren I had a pretty darn good time with your family. how bout you? now you know what Jess probably feels like knowing that i am getting to hang out with you in DC but she can't... i saw michael tonight and he reminded me its only about 3 more weeks! CRAZY! Anyway, this post makes me want you to come to NYC again sooooooon! Please do! Love!