Friday, March 12, 2010

Validation

I remember when I first got to the airport in Salt Lake preparing to go to Jerusalem. I knew two people on the trip. One I met in the MTC years ago (she went to Russia and had our classrooms on the same floor) and the other had moved into my ward just a few months before (though I had met him several times over the course of college since we had lots of mutual friends). In the airport I found myself meeting tons of new people. Most of whose names I couldn't remember that first day but only remembered what they were wearing, or some special feature they had (like Mandi's curly hair or Meg wearing a "Wal-Mart-T", which I instantly coveted or Caryn the girl from South Africa). My friend remarked that I made these friends quickly. He joked that all I had to do was compliment them on their shirt, hair, bag etc and we were instant friends. And, I think it's true. If someone compliments me or says something nice about me, I instantly have feelings of affection. (No this isn't a hint, but if you want to leave a comment with something nice to say, I won't say no...)

Anyway, my mom sent me the following short film. I think you should watch it even though it's kind of long.

It was fantastic.



I like how the video insinuates that the world would be a different (and better) place if there were more compliments, validations, and showing of love and affection.

And I completely agree.

And maybe I'll start really validating people on their character instead of only saying I like their shoes, dress, haircut, bag, earrings etc. It would probably make me happier and it would definitely make them happier.

Happy Weekend! I can't wait!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that film.

And you look hot in glasses. <3

Amanda said...

That's how I am. I can't remember names but different things about people when I met them for the first time. Like the first time I met you. I found out you love to feel cute, even when it is next to impossible in a freezing winter. Anyway, that doesn't have anything to do with the rest of your post, but, it made me think of that.

Princess Grace || Photography By Princess said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meg said...

girl. You got a great sense of fashion. You can bind books REAL well. aaaaand you tweeze better than anyone I know. Loves

Jules AF said...

You're pretty.

LMemory said...

I LOVE Validation! Fabulous media selection :) It's so cute. And is this Mandi with curly hair last name Winterton? If so, we have yet another mutual friend, Miss Lauren!

Princess Grace || Photography By Princess said...

you have an amazing smile!