Embarrassing moment confession of the week. Or rather of LAST week.
Last Friday was a really quiet day in the office. I was sitting at my desk reading blogs and Whitney posted a video that made me cry. I was crying so much in fact that I had to keep stopping, pausing the video and collecting myself. But finally I decided that I just needed to finish watching the video (it is good, I promise). So I watched it longer than usual, stopping only because I had tears rolling down my cheeks. (I know, I know, I'm a huge cry baby.)
Right as I try to collect myself-- knowing that my cheeks are probably a little tear stained, and I know my skin is probably blotchy red (because it does that when I cry), and my eyes were still definitely watery-- the really really good looking intern in my office walks up to my desk to ask me a few questions. All I wanted to do was laugh and explain (because I'm an over explainer like my mother) but he left as soon as the questions were answered and vacated the vicinity of my desk. Oops! That's what I get for taking a break from work and procrastinating!
It also reminds me of a time from my mission when we all went around the circle saying what we liked about a missionary who was leaving and I started crying because I was going to miss her. When we were all done going around the room one of the elders said to me, "Wow Sister Richey, you look like you just got dumped!" (He was really tactful... nope.) But, I ran to the mirror to see great mascara streaks all the way down my face. (Luckily there was no mascara with the intern incident.)
6 comments:
Ha, I watched the same video the other day, too, with tears in my eyes. Unfortunately I don't have a desk or work to cry at yet, so it was only in the comfort of my own home...so touching.
Ok. So I haven't watched the video but I heard someone describe it and that alone made me teary. I am so weepy!
Anyone who doesn't cry at that video is dead inside.
BAH!
I watched the video and cried and then my boss came over and I felt like an idiot.
But the little girl with santa was adorable.
a. There's also no crying in airplanes, but somehow I seem to do that plenty, while reading various books...
b. You are precious.
lol I remember the tactfullness of chandler and the mascera!
I love your blog because it is so you! It just makes me laugh and miss your guts!
Post a Comment