Monday, September 6, 2010

Jess' Wedding

It's Monday, a few days after the wedding and we're still exhausted. We sat around the house all day yesterday. It was pretty heavenly. A really nice man in our ward took a bunch of pictures at the reception and gave us the CD. Here are some of my favorites.
Jess' dress was made out of fabric she bought in Singapore.
Our back deck where we had a combo play nice jazz music in the background. The piano player is in our ward (and he's also Amy's brother-in-law)
Eating Tasty Thai. Our favorite Thai restaurant in Eugene. They packed everything for us in to-go boxes. And the food was delicious!
The cake was decorated with left over flowers by Emma.
View of the eating area from the deck.
As a surprise for Michael Jess sang Ballad For My One True Love by Mason Jennings
They learned a salsa dance and performed for everyone.
 
Full blown dance party. We like to dance...


The day was really fun. We got up at 6 to get ready for the marriage at the Portland Oregon Temple, then had a luncheon afterward at a house in the Portland area before driving the two hours back down to Eugene to get ready for the reception at 7. Everything was so lovely, the temple, the luncheon (which was so cute and put together by the groom's family, and styled by his lovely sister, but I didn't take a single picture. oops!) and then I just thought the reception was so much fun. Jess kept saying she didn't want to leave the party early. We told her it would end as soon as she left. She still wanted to hold out longer. It was pretty funny.

Oh, and I learned I take horrible candid photos while I'm dancing. Evidenced below...

6 comments:

Megan Morgan said...

yay! these are the first pictures i have seen :) :) the day was perfect!!! did you get these pictures from bob wilson? haha i want to see them!!!! love you lauren! it was so good seeing you!!! and i'm glad we are now, (somehow?) related ! haha

Ewa said...

KOCHAM KOCHAM KOCHAM!!! dzięki za zdjęcia!! I love Jess' dress...and I really would love to hear that jazz music...

Amy Lovell said...

Looks like it was another summer 2010 wedding success. Love it!

Unknown said...

Best candid photos ever ;) looks like the wedding was fun!!!!!

Lauren Byers said...

What a beautiful wedding! and I love jessica's dress and all those bridemaid's dresses...very cute :) congrats to the newlyweds :)

Jon and Meghan + boys said...

The wedding looks like it was so much fun! And I love your candid photos of the dancing because they are so you , full of life and chatting and laughing the night away. Oh, and I LOVE the PNW. How could you not?