Thursday, September 16, 2010

Lisa

My roommate Lisa and I work at the same agency. So that means we commute together. And have lunch together. And email through out the day. It really makes us sound kind of pathetic. I usually end up sending her cool things I find online through blog stalking and such. But now she's on TDY--which is government talk for a work trip. (TDY stands for Temporary Duty. No idea where the Y comes from... Oooo! Just googled it, it stands for Temporary Duty Yonder. Thank you Wikipedia!) So, she's on TDY in a really cool place (well, not THERE exactly, but the country it resides in). And that really cool place will be followed up by another really cool place (ok, probably not that exactly either but it was a jealousy inducing picture found through google image search, she's here) making her gone from my daily routine for five whole weeks. How dare she!

10 K
DC Temple Christmas lights
Anyway, because I send her so much stuff online that I think is cool and know she would like, I have decided to avoid filling her inbox full of junk from me, and started a new blog just for her. Isn't she so lucky? I know, she really is. But now so are you because I decided to let you in on the secret. Check it out. Things I'd Send Lisa While She's Out of the Country

Mr. Yogato Karaoke
Mr. Bird. Our Thanksgiving Turkey.
PS. All pictures stolen off Facebook and because I hardly ever update Facebook none of them show us in the summer. Oops!

3 comments:

Rachel F. said...

YES! I'm so excited I can be in on the secret now!!

Anonymous said...

Aw, fun! Good roommates are the best.

And lucky! Traveling is amazing.

Unknown said...

What a cute idea! She'll love it!
I miss Lisa a lot, A LOT too!!!