It makes me so mad and brings to mind a quote by Heinrich Heine, a German poet.
"Das war ein Vorspiel nur, dort wo man Bücher verbrennt, verbrennt man am Ende auch Menschen."
("Where they burn books, they will ultimately also burn people.")
The most interesting part about this statement is that it was made in 1821. One hundred and twelve years later (1933) would be the day the of the Nazi book burnings in Berlin. Heine's quote seems almost prophetic when coupled with the realization of the book burnings in Germany and later the known existence of extermination camps in Europe in the forties during WWII.
Now I'm not saying the burning of the Koran would lead to WWIII, but whatever the outcome, it will not be good. I am grateful for freedom of speech, but what this pastor guy is doing is not freedom of speech, it is religious bigotry and it's foul.
5 comments:
i so agree it drives me nuts to read all about him on cnn!
Amen. Well said.
I agree. I think it's pathetic.
Apparently, in retaliation, some people in Afghanistan are burning American flags. They're just as bad as this guy.
I hope he chokes on a chicken bone and is hospitalized for a long, long time.
widziałam go w telewizji...masakra normalnie...i wiesz co, ja sobie myślę, że ten Pan powinien znaleźć sobie jakąś prawdziwą prace...wtedy nie będzie się nudził i nie będzie miał głupich pomysłów...
i couldn't agree more. i have been shocked as i have read about this over the past few days. thanks for the post. keep em' commin'. p.s. i am again back to the blogosphere.
Post a Comment